Sunday, September 30, 2007

How about a serious post?

Richard and I have started the adoption process. We are going through a group called Arrow Child and Family Ministries. We are looking at their foster/adopt program. We've completed the first 11 hours of training. We have like 35 hours to go. So far we are very impressed with the group and their Christian approach to family. We still have a bunch of stuff to do before they decide if they will actually take us on as a part of their progrm. (We'll keep you posted as our progression moves forward.) We are hoping to adopt one or two children, age birth to 8 years old, male or female. One of the things that appeals to me is that the group encourages prospective families to stay open to the Lord's will. We plan on doing just that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! congrads! I hope it all goes smoothly! I cant wait till you get a buddle of joy! will you adopt 2 at a time or later down the road adopt another one?

Amy Pennington said...

that is awesome Susan...I will keep you in my prayers. While Doug and I believe our family is complete I absolutely love the foster/adoption programs. Get those kids in loving and Christ-centered homes. So glad to see ya on here.

natalie said...

How exciting!! I think adoption is fantastic!!! I may talk to ya sometime about the foster/adopt program you're looking at. It's something we're thinking about doing sometime in the future.

btw--I clicked on the link on Joni's blog to see your blog :)