Sunday, July 20, 2008

He Looketh on the Heart

Got back from camp yesterday. It was a wonderful experience. I'm grateful I had the opportunity to go.

I was a stake leader with the responsibility of the evening programs specifically the spiritual program on Thursday night. It's quite a bit different to be on the stake level. I missed getting to spend all day and all night with the young women from my ward. Luckily I still got to hang out with them for a couple hours each night and they came and gave me lots of hugs and notes during the week.

The spiritual program went really well. I was pleased with how it turned out. We had 3 narrators, 4 soloists, and 3 slide shows. I think the most powerful part of the program was when the young women sang To Become Like Him while watching a slide show of photos taken at camp. It was pretty cool.

I got to spend some quality time with my best friend Joni. I am really grateful for that. She was a level leader over the first years. Our beds were next to each other in the stake cabin. We got to trek up the hill and back to visit our wards (in the same cabin).

Hooray for camp. One of my favorite places to serve in the church.

No comments: