Allison did the matinee then decided to stick around and watch the evening show with my parents. She's out in the audience and Chelsea is backstage looking like she's like to die. So Andrea says "Allison's here - have her fill in for you." What a great idea! Our first show together. Unfortunately for her we share a costume so she had to wear Chelsea's costume. Luckily everything more or less fit.
The opening song we go out on stage together and we see the delighted look on Mom and Dad's faces and I can't keep a straight face thinking how funny it is that they aren't expecting to see us both on the same night.
Well the show continues and I always love it when people are there to see me because I give just a little bit more just for my fans. When it gets to Pick-a-little there is a part where we walk around the entire stage and interact with people on the front row. I walk around and tickle a little boy's legs with my feather boa and his face just lights up. He was so cute. We go backstage and I tell the other ladies about the cute little boy that I made laugh by tickling his legs. (We always like to compare reactions that we get from the audience.)
At intermission they sell candy grams for $1 that you can send to people in the cast. I got 2 from my parents which was really cool, 1 from someone in the other cast and then a special one from Leland (6) front row. He drew a smiley face and a heart. I was so excited. I could hardly contain myself. I was jumping all around showing everyone my sweet note. Well, after that, I played the rest of the show to him. Every chance I got I walked over by him and smiled at him and jumped to him. During the chase scene I looked over to him looking for Harold Hill and he said, "I don't know where he went." Then when I came back he said, "That way! He went that way!" After the show I shared my candy with him and took a picture with him. It was awesome! What a great great night.

Allison and I (with Andrea in the background)
More sisterly backstage antics

My parents and their dramatic daughters
Me reading the candy gram from Leland (this is just before the jumping ensued)

Leland holding the candy gram I shared with him.

No comments:
Post a Comment