I didn't post for such a long time, now I feel like posting everyday (but let's be honest - probably won't happen). This has been an eventful three-day weekend for us. Saturday I was to a practice for the Primary program, then drove to Denton to pick up Allison to go with me to get our haircut in Irving, drove her home then went to a ward luau.
The practice was delightful. I really do enjoy being the favorite primary teacher of all time. (Heavenly Father's little blessing for his daughters who really wants to be a mom but isn't quite yet.) There is a family of 4 boys that I just love to pieces. The youngest 2 sat by me and the 3rd is in my primary class. We had them over for family home evening and when they settled down (definitely a chore) it was awesome. They listened to my lesson and we had fun playing games like Button, Button, Who's Got the Button and eating our treat (ice pops).
The haircut adventure was a good one. I haven't figured out how to style it yet so hopefully I'll like it better in the days to come.
The ward luau was great fun. Richard had to work at his new job that we are so excited about so I went by myself and sat with 3of my primary girls - sooooo fun! We are in a neat ward.
Sunday was the primary program. The kids were so reverent. I was very impressed. I think the program is funnier when you are sitting in the congregation because you can watch the cute things the kids do. When you are on the stand you are too busy making sure kids are where they are supposed to be.
Sunday was also my first lesson with 8 kids in my primary class. We had a really hard time being quiet, paying attention and being nice to each other. I didn't handle it as well as I would have liked. I'm working on some ideas to make it better next week. Seating arrangement is one of those things. I really really love my class.
Yesterday we stayed home from work and went to see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art. NOT worth $30. They tried to make it worth the price, but there just weren't very many items actually from Tut's tomb. We went with a family in the ward and rode the train, ate lunch, saw the exhibit, rode the train back and had snow cones. We enjoyed spending the time with them.
Today I got lots of compliments on my hair. That was definitely needed while I try to figure out how to comb it.
Oh and the most exciting thing - we put a bid on a house! We should find out if we get it by the end of the week. Very exciting. I'm a little anxious but I know that everything will work out for the best and that Heavenly Father is most certainly mindful of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My goodness! You are busy! I need to see the hair and I need to see the house and I need to see you! Gosh, it is like we live in different states. I can give you some discipline ideas for primary if you want. I have used a few.
:0) What age group are you teaching again? Miss you!
Oh, just saw in your last post that you are teaching Valiant 11. We will have to talk.
Can we see some picks of the hair? And congrats on the house! I hope you get it! I'm completely jealous, thats for sure! I can/can't wait for our apartment days to be over (can because I'm savoring every moment that I can, trying to appreciate all the "little" blessings, can't because being in an apartment can be down-right STINKY at times!).
Congratulations!!!! You truly are a star in every way.
Post a Comment