It's only been a couple weeks since my last post but it feels like forever.
Richard and I participated in a delightful family reunion for my mother's family. It was up in Utah in a rented ranch house in the mountains. We had a lovely times. We drove the 21 hours straight through. There were two cars that caravaned with 7 licensed drivers. On the way there I drove for 5 hours then Richard drove for 12 hours then I drove for 6 hours. In the other car Mel drove like 13 hours then Mom (I think) drove the last 8. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was surprisingly enjoyable. This is the trip that I have decided that caffeine doesn't do anything AT ALL to me. My family members took those 5 hour energy drinks loaded with caffeine and either felt awake or super jittery awake. It just gave me a stomach ache. I kept waiting to feel "more awake" or jittery or SOMEthing but . . . nada. Weird eh?
I'm sitting here thinking about the trip and can I tell you one of the most enjoyable parts of the trip for me was the sleep! I got to sleep in (a little) AND take naps. How stinking cool is that!? I loved it. I wish I could nap at work. It would make my life so much more enjoyable to not be constantly tired.
We stayed at my grandparents house for a couple days prior to the ranch house. Man, it was good to spend time with them. When I went to BYU I got to spend some time with them. They are two of the most amazing people I have ever met. How cool that I am related? This has been the first trip that it has really struck me that they are starting to get old. I think they are in their 70s. They are just so active and fun that they just don't seem old to me.
The ranch house was HUGE like 12,000 sq feet or something ridiculous like that. It was 3 floors - 2 story with a basement. Living in TX I forgot how cool having a basement is. Literally cool - like 5 or 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. Richard and I were the only grandchildren to get a bedroom. I'm thinking it was because I was the oldest married grandchild (there was only 1 other married grandchild who came). Sweet sauce for being the oldest, eh? The cousins age 15-26 slept in a room my sister named the "Orphanage". It was like 8 twin mattresses on the floor. Pretty funny. I think they had a great time though.
Oops... I just realized that I have things to do and places to be so I'll have to continue this another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment