Thursday, January 13, 2011

One year ago

One year ago, I found out that I have a brain "mass". 

Really?! 

A year?!

Wow.

This week I was supposed to go to my 3 month MRI check up but Richard couldn't get off work and it was icy so now I'm scheduled for a 4 month MRI check up. 

The most challenging part for me right now is finding me without the brain tumor.  I don't know if that makes sense, but it feels like the tumor is who I am.  And I'm not sure how to manuver around it.  It leaves me feeling a little lost.

I haven't blogged in such a long time.  I think it has to do with the whole separating myself from the brain tumor thing.  But as I'm working through that - I'm going to blog with some pics!  I'm not sure how fast these blogs will appear but, these blogs should include: Allison's wedding (yay!), Christmas, Sing a ma jigs (makes me giggle thinking about them), & mental health challenges.  Hopefully these blogs will be sooner than later.

2 comments:

Becky said...

It's nice to hear about you again! I'm glad you are doing well.

tylersgirl said...

I have missed you. Any major surgery/health ordeal comes with emotional changes. Make sure you can spill your guts to someone.
can't wait for more posts.

my ordeal wasn't even 1/4 a serious and I still feel like a different person. Most days I miss the old me.