Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey look, I'm on the blog once a month plan!  It's funny that my title is Happy Valentine's Day but the post has absolutely nothing to do with Valentine's Day.  There still are a LOT of things that I haven't blogged about.  But before I try to catch up, I wanted to share my super cute new haircut!

The before:

The after:

Sooo cute!

So let's do the super quick version of my life the past few months.  My hubby's 30th birthday at Medieval Times was DELIGHTFUL!  We had so much fun.  It was my first time at Medieval Times.  And contrary to popular belief we did NOT dress up.


Snow!  A whole lot of snow.  I mostly stayed home and worked.  Icy roads are not my favorite.  Brad and I played out in the snow with the dogs.  Well mostly Brad teased the dogs til Richard let them in the house cuz the barking was making him crazy. 



Brad and I worked on a snow man that turned into a snow "cat" of some sort.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to finish his face.  (His head would have been bigger if the snow had been more cooperative.)


How about Christmas?!  I got the coolest toys from Santa.  Sing a ma jigs!!  They are the most delightful little singing stuffed animals.  I've taken them to choir (at work) and to Beehives and to my niece and nephew's house.  They were a HUGE hit in all 3 places.  The young women's president threatened my with my life if I EVER bring them to a mutual activity again.  (Hee hee hee!) 

We did gingerbread houses & a Christmas pinata with family on Christmas Eve.  Here's our winning gingerbread house. 

Here's the gingerbread house with a gumball machine!!

And here's the Cornell gingerbread house.  (It would have won if the other side looked as good as this side.)


And how about Thanksgiving?  This Thanksgiving I cooked my very first turkey.  It wasn't too bad.  Grandpa Ivie gave me superb carving instructions.  (I can't think of anyone I'd rather get turkey carving instruction from!)  I forgot to take a picture before I demolished it, but I took a couple after.



I'm gonna have to go back to the other blog and remember what else I was going to write about.  I know I've got Allison's wedding to cover (but that one is special enough for it's own post.)

3 comments:

Joni said...

Yeah for a post! And yeah for holidays and family! And yeah for the cutest haircut ever! And not so much a yeah for the sing-a-ma-jigs! (We received four of them in our house this Christmas...um...ya.) It is great to have an update on your life. It looks like you are doing quite well!

Aaron and Lisa said...

I love your haircut! I wanted to tell you at church yesterday, but didn't catch up with you. Anyway, it is super cute!

The Spratt's said...

Love the cute haircut!!! and the snow sphinx!!!!