Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Update

I noticed that my blog got a lot of hits last week.  I wondered why... then I realized that I pretty much left you hanging with that whole spine surgery thing. 

My appointment with Dr. Beshay at UT Southwestern is on June 2nd.  Depending on what he says, I imagine surgery will happen towards the end of June.  I've grown accustomed to the pain down my left side.  My fingers are every bit as numb as they have been but it doesn't bother me as much.  I've learned a bit about spine MRIs.  Very interesting.  I wish I could figure out how to post one.  Right now they are on a cd so I can't exactly take a photo of them in my window like I did my brain MRIs.  So stay tuned, I should know more after June 2nd.

So Mother's Day was lovely this year.  I got one of my first Mother's Day gifts.  It came from Brad. 

It's a swan with roses!  I moved a frame to take the picture, replaced the frame, had the frame fall down & smashed my swan to bits.  I was sooooooooo upset.  Seriously lame-o!  The book came from our bishopric and the candy bar came from one of my friends who gets how hard Mother's Day can be when you aren't a mother.  Luckily it wasn't a hard day for me.  Cuz Mother's Day is really more about my mom then about my being a mom!  I really have a great mom.  She's always willing to let me call and vent.  And then she helps me come up with the Christlike thing to do.  I really appreciate that.  We get to go visit my parents in Mississippi this summer.  I'm totally looking forward to it!

Speaking of looking forward to it - this Saturday is my birthday.  We are having an all out High School Musical birthday party.  I'm so excited.  I've found some awesome things for my goody bags and for prizes for my games.  Here are some of the prizes.  It's a terrible picture but you'll get the idea.

Seriously love dollar stores and super cheap stuff from Party City.  The most I spent on a prize was $1!  the hardest thing was deciding who to invite.  I wanted to invited like 50 people but obviously I couldn't.  I can't wait to show you the awesomeness that we have planned. 

1 comment:

The Ollila's said...

I found your blog!! I will be a frequent visitor.
It was so good to see you again and catch up. You have always been an amazing person. So glad to see that hasn't changed :-) Good luck with all your upcoming events. Camp...surgery....road trip to Mississippi...lots of fun.

See you soon!!
Alicia