Sunday, August 14, 2011

6 years and a part in a musical

I should definitely be in bed right now but I feel like I need to write something.

Yesterday was our 6 year wedding anniversary.  I feel incredibly blessed to be married to someone who loves me and loves the Lord so much.  We are such a good match.  Who else would let me have an entire bedroom dedicated to dress up clothes?!  And who else would be so much fun dressing up for Halloween?  And who else would be so much fun to talk to and care about?  No one, I declare, no one!

I auditioned for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.  Originally, I just wanted to help myself get over the "stage fright" that has come with brain surgery.  I indicated that I only wanted the main part (knowing that the likelihood of getting it was close to nill).  But as I auditioned I realized that I'd like to be a part of this show so I told them I'd take any part.  Richard and I talked about it and he is supportive of me doing this.  (Again, feeling incredibly blessed to be married to someone who loves me so much.)  It's a MAJOR deal to be in any show but especially this show.  Vocal rehearsals 2 days a week for 3 weeks, dance rehearsals 6 days a week for 3 weeks and direction rehearsals 6 days a week for 2 weeks THEN performances another 4 days a week for 6 more weeks.  It was a different audition process.  First, there was a 3 hour dance audition.  If you got through that you were called back for a singing audition.  There isn't any dialogue in the show so I guess if you can dance and sing, it's assumed you can be a presence on the stage.  Apparently my self confidence hasn't waned any because I just assumed that I'd get a part.  (Uh, naturally I'd get a part - I'm just that talented, duh.)  I'm not sure what I would've done if they didn't offer me a part - so I guess it's a good thing they did.  I'm one of the wives, which is primarily a dancing role, and I have a solo in one of the songs.

One more thing before I go to beddy bye, I have my 6 month brain exam this Tuesday.  They're gonna make sure I still have a brain.  (I sure hope so, it would be a bummer if it disappeared after 6 months.)  So I'll be sure to share the results of said brain exam.  Nitey nite.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Huge congrats on your roll! That is awesome!

Unknown said...

oh yay! i'm so excited for you! cant wait to see you!

Mandy said...

CONGRATS on landing an awesome part!!! I know that you will do great! Constantly impressed by you, lady.

Joni said...

How come my comments don't work! I will try one more time... Yea for getting a part! You will be fabulous! I may need to get down to see it. And boo for the less than stellar brain report. But I am glad to see you still have one! Miss you friend.