I haven't posted in a little over a month. Not that there hasn't been reason to post but really more because there's been too much to post. (Does that even make sense?! No, not really.)
I've been to see Dr. Mickey (my amazing neurosurgeon) and whilst the radiation seems to have worked on the tumor. (It may have even shrunk it a little.) Radiation works very differently on cysts. (Like not really at all.) I have a cyst that keeps on growing. So. Dang. Annoying! Now I've known since the last surgery that I would have to have another surgery. No, the doctors didn't tell me this. I just knew. You know, like the Lord prepares you for these things. In fact, before we went in for the MRI Richard and I talked about it and how I might have to be operated on whilst pregnant. And for the record, just because the Lord "prepares" you for these things, doesn't mean you have to be excited about these things - cuz I wasn't. In fact, I shed some tears and it may or may not have been related to the pregnancy... (as a side note, it's kinda fun deciding what I'm going to blame the next thing on. Is it because I'm pregnant or because I have a brain tumor...? Hmmmm.... Maybe both?)
Super long story short - we are now waiting for Zack to get here and for the cyst to get as big as I possibly can stand. Dr. Mickey is thinking 3 months after Zack gets here. I had a really hard time with this at first. I really wanted it to happen before Zack gets here. Cuz how lame is it to be a new mom AND a brain surgery patient. I've been waiting to be a mom for a very long time, dang it! But I have since found some inner peace and I'm willing to do what Dr. Mickey thinks is best. Cuz he's amazing. The one thing that really helped me is that I know without any doubt that I will be alright after the surgery, but I didn't so much know how Zack would get through. So now I don't have to worry about that. Zack won't have to go through it. I'm just going to have to figure out how to be a new mom and a brain surgery patient at the same time. (Actually, that will be something crazy to tell him about later in life.)
Now on to being pregnant... I'm 21 weeks along and I look pregnant to me. Not really to anybody else except Richard. I totally hate that you can't tell yet. I think I might possibly be feeling little Zacky moving around. I started feeling movement Wednesday night after I told the OB that I really wasn't feeling anything. I know I've said it before but if you've been through childbirth and don't believe in miracles there is something wrong with you. To have someone growing inside you for 9 months and the changes your body goes through to facilitate it -- wow, definitely miraculous.
Oh! Super cool news in our lives - Richard got a promotion! He's now the Commercial manager of store 1547. He has a set schedule and doesn't have to work Sundays! He also got a raise and the opportunity to get overtime every week. What a blessing! Only week 2 and he's already doing a great job despite all the challenges of a new location and new clients and everything!!
Okay, my lunch hour is over so that does it for today. I'll try to be better about posting more frequently in the future. Maybe next time it'll be a picture of me not-looking-so-pregnant.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
phew. This no update thing was making me nervous. Sorry you have to go through surgery again when your little one will still be so little. But you will come through it. Because you are cool like that. And I love the name Zack. I will have to say the phrase "Zack Attack is Back" whenever I see him though. Sorry about that. I just love Saved By the Bell. And you, of course.
Post a Comment