Saturday, September 5, 2009

Oil painting class

I'd like to dedicate this post to my brother Jonathan. heh heh

Well, it's been several days since my oil painting class but I haven't made the time to blog about it. So hear I am.
I expected to get there and bust out my paints and get to work. Not so much. First I got to paint a color wheel. The very nice teacher lady gave me some paint and had me mix my own purple, orange and green. I got confused on the paper that she gave me and my purple turned pretty brown so I had to re-do the purple. Oh and brown - red, blue and yellow equal brown.
Then I got to read a page about colors and paint the colors on the page. Then I got to experiment with shades of colors. I got to mix the colors with white and with black.
I'm not going to lie. It was a little boring. But I guess you have to have the basics before you jump in, eh? After the worksheets the very nice teacher lady checked my supplies. They mostly got approved except for one thing - which means she should update her supplies sheet because that's why I got it. And I decided to switch out one other thing so I took 2 things back and got 14.81 back then I spent 14.80. That's right - I saved a whole penny!!
After she checked my supplies, we went through my 50 print outs of possible things to paint. There was only one out of all of them that she thought was appropriate. So my assignment this week is to draw it on a piece of paper and maybe just maybe next week I'll get to paint!!

1 comment:

JenkinsonKS said...

What an exciting adventure!! I can't wait to see the one out of the 50 possibilities that you're working on... wish we lived close to you - I would totally take the class with you! btw - how's school going for Richard?