Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wow an actual blog post??

So I feel like blogging this morning. I'm not really sure why - I don't have anything special to blog about. But it's fast Sunday so I feel like I have a few extra minutes. Last night was the Relief Society broadcast with a stake dinner beforehand. It was nice. Unfortunately I had a difficult time focusing during parts of the broadcast. I did enjoy it however. I saw a girl that I knew in the single's ward like 5 or 6 years ago. She had a baby with her. I said "oh she's cute". Her response was "thanks, how many do you have now?" Uh... none. Thanks for reminding me. Not that I haven't already been thinking about that a lot lately. Obviously she didn't mean to make me feel bad but it's still hard when people say things like that. I keep telling myself that the older I get, the less I want children. But then I'm in sacrament meeting and look around and realize that I really do want them - a lot.

So anyway, new topic because that one is making me sad. I'm totally loving being in the YW Presidency. I'm really enjoying working with the sisters I'm working with. They are such neat ladies. We've started walking together in the evenings and I LOVE it. Sometimes I feel a little on the outside because they interact more often because they are both stay-home moms. But then I realize it's just not that big of a deal and if I were a stay-home mom things would be different for me too. I'm so so glad to have them as friends.

Oh and I've been meaning to update you on Richard and his schooling. He LOVES it. (And least I think he loves it.) Everyday he comes home and tells me about something new he has learned. It really seems like a good thing for him. Even when everything else is rough he still seems excited about school. My only concern is with the type of people he has to interact with everyday. He says that most people are nice and not bad but right now he's sitting between a couple of people with foul mouths and foul minds. Such a bummer that he has to deal with that garbage. My hope is that he'll be able to be a good influence and that ultimately he'll be able to find a job where people aren't like that. It's still exciting stuff though. Hooray for school!

1 comment:

natalie said...

I enjoyed the meeting too but also had a hard time concentrating on parts. Good to see ya last night.