Thursday, April 29, 2010

Great news

Today we went and saw the surgeon. The surgeon was so positive about the progress I was making and the information about the tumor. It is a very slow growing benign tumor (like we thought before but apparently wasn't fully diagnosed before). He is very confident that we will be able to treat it. (Unlike he can tell some of his other patients.) At this point, we aren't really sure how to treat it. We get to wait for the bruising to go down in my brain. (Did you know that your brain bruises the same way as your arm? Who knew?!) It'll take about 3 weeks for it to all go down. Then we'll go back to have another MRI and decide what to do then. We'll then be able to see just how much tumor was removed and how much of the fluid sack was taken out. There may be some other difficult stuff to treat it. There may not. We'll know then. But hard or not, it will be treatable.

It's kinda funny how such a benign tumor can be so invasive. But I'm very grateful for a surgeon who is so amazing. I took him cookies today. He seemed pretty delighted. I'm glad, because he's made a world of difference in my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

things i am grateful for:
*great surgeons
*treatable tumors
*you can still make cookies (dont tell me if you bought them---I dont want to know)
*you have a brain that has time to grow benign tumors
*answers to prayers when the answer is "yes!"

K2 said...

I second all those wonderful things. I am glad recovery is going better this time. We sure miss you.

Kelly