Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm famous!!

Well, not REALLY famous, but it kinda felt like that the other day.  (And by "the other day" I mean 10 days ago when it happened.  I just haven't had the urge to blog until yesterday.)

We took our youth to the temple.  Funny side-story, the Beehives had 2 Sister Whites as their leaders for about a month.  I was the 2nd counselor and she was my Advisor.  A couple weeks ago I was called to 1st counselor and she was called to 2nd counselor.  So the young women STILL have 2 Sister Whites.  We aren't related but I've discovered that people in the ward think she's Richard's sister.  For some reason I find that really really funny.  Okay, back to the "famous" story - we took our youth to the temple.  Sister White and I went into the dressing room to get changed (instead of the baptistry).  I came out of the dressing room at the same time as another woman.  She gave me the weirdest look then walked away.  Then she stopped and looked at me again.  She came back and asked, "Do you live in the Ft. Worth area?" 

"Yes." 

"Do you know such-and-such and so-and-so?" 

"Yes." 

"Do you have a blog?" 

"Yes." 

"Oh I knew it was you!  First off, how are you?"

"Well, I'm assuming since you mentioned the blog, you are talking about my brain... I'm doing great.  The doctor had positive things to say about my last MRI and I don't have a follow up for 6 months."

"That's great!  I've been having terrible medical problems.  Such-and-such and so-and-so are my very good friends and they sent me to your blog.  It has helped me sooooo much.  Thank you."

We exchange a few more pleasantries, (including names - hers is Mindy) then Sister White and I headed out. 

As we turn the corner Sister White looks at me and says, "You're famous!!"  We both laughed and made our way back to the baptistry.

That totally made my night.  Having my unpleasant experience help other people going through really hard stuff is the best feeling.  Made me want to share it with more people. 

I was reading some old journals yesterday and I've got to get back into keeping a "personal" journal - you know, the kind where you can vent and say stuff that would make other people not like you very much and just things that wouldn't necessarily be interesting to anyone else. 

I don't remember stuff very well.  It seems especially hard to remember after my brains been worked on.  (Which reminds me, I've got to blog about my titanium!)  I'm so grateful that I have a blog to help me remember the last year.

No comments: