It's 3:00 in the morning and I'm wide awake. I have a pinched nerve in my left shoulder. It's causing me a good deal of pain. The fingers on my left hand are numb. They have been for the past 4 days. I keep shaking my hand around to make sure my arm's not falling off. I took a couple pain pills last night & apparently they aren't the kind that make you sleepy... Apparently they aren't the kind that makes pain go away either.
So I've been lying in bed for the past few hours just thinking. Thinking about how I'm going to divy out the responsibities for the YW Sock Hop to my Mia Maids. And how on earth I'm going to find the 50's music that I need for Wednesday night. And how I really want to remember what happened when I had brain surgery. And how I kinda associate blogging with brain surgery - which is so dumb because I remember telling my very best friend Joni how I'd love for her just to write so I can hear what's going on in her life.
So I decided to get up and blog - even if some of it IS about brain surgery.
For example, after one of the first surgeries when I was coming out of anesthia (how on earth do you spell that?!) a doctor was leaning over me and asked me if I knew where I was. I, trying to be so lighthearted, responded "Pizza Hut?" The doctor laughed. Then I was kicking myself with why Pizza Hut was the best answer I could come up with - why not Disneyland or the red carpet or ANYplace better than Pizza Hut.
And after the last surgery, the doctors were around my bed asking me what things were (this happens quite often when they are assessing your brain) and it seems like the words were coming slowly. They point to things like their wedding band, or a pen, or a person. Well, they pointed at Richard and I couldn't remember my husband's name. I knew it and I knew that I knew it, but the only R name I could come up with was Randall (my brother). I was so frustrated. I don't remember if I cried or not but I felt so bad that I made Richard feel bad. Richard and I will have to sit down and record thoughts soon. My memory does weird stuff now. Kinda annoying but maybe with both of us, it'll be easier to remember what happened.
Dude, the pain in my arm is increasing. Probably a good solid 5. My siblings give me a hard time because I've been a little melodramatic about pain in the past. Someone will poke me and my response is a rather whiny oww. And I haven't had a very high pain tolerance... sometimes I wish someone else could feel my pain and let me know just how intolerant I am. I don't know, we might just realize that I actually DO have a high pain tolerance!
Something else I was thinking about was the cool new High School Musical stuff I got at Party City last night. Richard is totally throwing me a High School Musical birthday party. (He just found out about that last night.) I'm totally going to make little boxes of stuff to send home with people. Which makes me wonder who on earth I would invite to my High School Musical birthday party?!
I kinda like collecting things that are "so yesterday" because they are on clearance!! I got a ton of cool stuff (for above mentioned party) for 10 bucks. It would have cost waaaaaaaay more if it were Hannah Montana or Tangled or something that's in right now. (P.S. Hannah Montana is "in" according to Party City.) My nephew Tyler came to my house and saw my lunchbox. He said, "You really like that, huh?" I said, "Just you wait and see my huge box filled with stuff." I proceeded to show him my huge box of stuff and he said, "You have High School Musical EVERYTHING!" Yes. Yes I do. And it's amazing just how much more stuff one can find even after they have EVERYTHING.
Okay, I've got to go lay down. My arm really really hurts. Maybe I'll fall back to sleep while I'm at it..
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah! You posted! Boo! Your arm hurts! Yeah! You found cool HSM stuff! Boo! I don't get to come to the party! Yeah! You are the best! Boo! Hannah Montanna is in (really? are you sure?) Love you friend! P.S. I am currently playing Ethel Toffelmier in a production of the Music Man. Needless to say, I have thought about you a lot lately. Great to see an update!
Too bad I didn't know you were so wide awake at the same time as me. We could have had an awesome pj party or something:)
Hope hour arm is feeling better! I like the pizza hut response better than the red carpet or Disneyland because it's way more original!
Post a Comment