Tuesday, February 15, 2011

4 month MRI and follow up

Just wanted to give you the 2 thumbs up on my MRI today.  Dr. Timmerman said the scans looked better than he hoped.  I've got minimal brain trauma.  Which means either I'm healing or there wasn't that much trauma to begin with.  We do have a few cyst pockets to keep an eye on, but the next MRI follow up is in 6 months!  (Which is awesome because I thought it would be 3 months from now!) 

It's really amazing  - the past week and a half to two weeks, I've finally felt like me again.  (I told Dr. Timmerman that and he said "those youtube videos weren't characteristic of you, huh?"  Yeah, yeah - that's me but you know what I mean.) 

I also asked him to explain the titanium in my head.  I was envisioning this massive plate of titanium covering the hole.  He showed me a CT scan - it is SOOOOOO cool.  I tell you more when I can post some sort of picture.  It also explains the indentions in my head.  In fact I found like 3 more after he showed me the CT scan.

I've been decorating cookies for my young women all night and now I'm about to crash. 

Hooray for a good MRI. 

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hooray! This is wonderful news!