I am with child.
That's right... I'M PREGNANT!! (Whoop and hollering ensues by all!)
I always liked the term "with child". Especially around Christmastime.
As I come to the end of my first trimester I can almost believe that it's really happening.
I've wanted to be mom for sooooo long - actually I can't ever remember not wanting to be a mom. I have a picture I drew in kindergarten that says when I grow I want to be a ballet dancer and a mom. It's making me tear up a little bit thinking about how much I've wanted to be a mom. Not to say that things couldn't go wrong between now and June 25, but I never thought that I'd have the opportunity to actually bear the child that I'd be mom to. It's pretty overwhelming.
When I found out I was pregnant, I started crying. Not because it was so amazing. No, no - I started crying because I don't know how to be pregnant. (As if anyone knows "how" to be pregnant the first time around.) And no, there weren't any little cutesie things I did to tell everyone. It was mostly calls that were like, "Uh, hi - I'm pregnant." followed by dead silence on the other end. (Except my sisters - they were both screaming with excitement.)
We already have some names in mind - Zoe and Zack. (As if being a White doesn't put you at the end of the alphabet... sorry little z.) I've already started thinking of our baby as "my little z". How stinking cute is that?! We do plan on finding out if it's a boy or a girl. My gut tells me it's a boy.
Yes, and about the brain stuff. I can't have an MRI until I'm well into my 2nd trimester. Which translates into January 24th. And I'd be an absolute wreck if I had not turned that over to the Lord. He's in charge. I don't know what will happen but it will all work out. Things aren't always how we want them (spoken by someone who had 3 brain surgeries last year) but somehow it always works out (spoken by someone who is fully functional after 3 brain surgeries last year).
I'm just truly grateful for this little Christmas miracle. ;)
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
And I'll say it again - I am SO excited for you! Love the names! Little Z is blessed to have you both as parents. So looking forward to meeting this special little person!!!
Congrats, congrats, congrats! I am so, so excited for you and Richard! Little Z is one lucky kid already!!
Best Christmas present ever! Congrats to you both!
i'll join with your sisters in screaming the minute i saw the title----even before i read your blog i KNEW it had to be! what a way to end this year!
Congrats Susan! I'm so excited for you! Hope all goes well for the next few months! :)
Yeah for the official blog announcement! I am just so dang excited for you and Mr. Richard! Congratulations again!
John just came running into my office as I squealed and started clapping and laughing wondering what was going on :D SOOOOO excited for you guys!!! Love you tons! Congratulations!
Yay!!! Congrats!
Post a Comment