Monday, May 14, 2012

The most amazing weekend ever!

I only have a couple minutes to write but I just have to say that this weekend has been awesome! 

Saturday I had the coolest baby shower (54 people came!) where I felt SOOOOOOO loved.  (I will write more when Melanie sends me the pics she took.  I could write for like 3 weeks about the amazing people who came.)

Sunday was Mother's Day.  The 2nd Mother's Day I haven't hated in a lot of years.  Something about my brain surgery changed things for me.  And this year I AM a mother.  Freakin cool!

Today is my birthday - the super nice things that people write on Facebook or send me in emails at work or send in texts just astound me.  And it's just awesome how many phone calls I've received from my family singing today!

And I get ANOTHER baby shower from my work family on Wednesday. 

I'm overwhelmed with how many people love me.  Just overwhelmed.  I feel like Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life who gets to realize how many people love him without going through the changes!

Ah, It IS a Wonderful Life!

1 comment:

Mandy Lackey said...

you definitely deserve it, doll! i'm sooo happy that the last couple of days have brought you joy. it's only a hint of what is to come after your sweet baby is placed in your arms. :)