Friday, January 10, 2014

My first week as stay-at-home mom

Holy cow! I can't believe it's been since Halloween that I've written.

Well, guess what?!  I'm a stay-at-home mom.  Woo hoo!  I have wanted this since before-kindergarten.  So how am I feeling, you might ask?  Oh, a plethora of emotions is washing over me.   Gratitude - I'm so grateful to my husband who is bound and determined to make this work for me.  A husband who is working his life away so I can do this.  Excitement - So excited to be there when Zack and Zoe need me (and thankful that my sister filled that place for me for awhile).  Scared - I've never been a stay-at-home mom before.  How will my "not working" effect our budget?  Is there something I could do at home to help that?  Lonely - I can totally see why moms want to get together!  Confusion - What the heck am I supposed to be doing?  Playing trains with Zack all day?  What "jobs" are mine?

This has been a week of adjustment.  Just through the last week Zack and I have come to understand each other on nap time.  (And nap time can mean anytime from 10 to 12 which is apparently kind of a weird time since a lot of kids take their naps at 1.)  And let me tell you about Thomas and Friends - this boy will play with them forever!  He puts his head down on the ground and just pushes them around.

He was a little crabby after nap yesterday.

See what I mean?

And then of course there is Zoe.  

Look at her ruffley little bum.



All in all, I'd say this week has been a success!  One week down and lots and lots more to come!

No comments: