This week started with the Day-Whose-Name-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Seriously sometimes I hate Sundays. (Oh no! I just said it!) Church is always hard. I mean, I like to be there, and it helps my testimony but it's just plain hard. Richard wasn't able to go so it was just me and the kids. I'm soooo grateful for the Hoyums - they are the kid's grandparents when there aren't any to be had. Brother Hoyum is FANTASTIC with Zoe. We almost got through the sacrament - well, no we got through the first prayer - and Zoe needed to go out. Then I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to leave Zack because in minutes he was out there too. Brother Hoyum traded me and he rocked Zoe for the rest of sacrament. I spent the rest of sacrament wishing that all my stuff wasn't in the middle of the chapel because I would have gotten it and left. But despite that, I stayed. And I took Zack to nursery. Zoe needed to eat for 20 minutes of class, then I went in and enjoyed 10 minutes of Sunday school. Next is Relief Society. I go in there and Zoe is good for like the first 10 minutes. Sister Smith just barely got up there when Zoe went a little crazy. So I go out in the hall and what happens next...?! Bishop comes around the corner and says the screaming kid around the corner is mine. He offers to hold the baby. Poor Zack! He had run into the door and bit into his lip and bruised his teeth. He really was screaming. He pretty much screamed until we got into the car (which was 10 minutes later because I went to the bathroom to help with his bleeding then I had to get everything out of the RS room and then I couldn't find my keys... ugh!) It really was a crappy day! So grateful that 3 of my friends came out to help me. I don't know what I'd do if it hadn't been for them. Then another friend left me a little gift telling me that she loved me. I'm indeed grateful for friends who love me!
The rest of this week was so-so. We went shopping on Monday morning, then to Aunt Mel Mel's house (which was a lot of fun!) on Tuesday and then to Toddler Time at the library on Thursday. Toddler Time was kinda lame. You would think that someone who is there for toddlers would be excited to be with the toddlers. I was feeling kinda down in the dumps and then Mel came over. This week has just been a little off.
Here are the pictures of this week:
This is Zoe intrigued by Thomas and Friends.
This is Zack intrigued by Thomas and Friends.
Is there a better place to sit then my leg?
No, no I'd say not!
This was from last week when she wasn't feeling well.
You can kinda see his cut lip in this one.
Sooooo cute!
A new kitchen to play with!









2 comments:
This makes me wish I was there so I could be the one to help you at church. Just know that having good weeks and bad weeks is normal and being home with two little ones is hard. But before you know it, your baby will be headed off to kindergarten and your oldest will be getting ready for 5th grade. I know people always say that it goes by so fast, and when I was in the middle of the baby/toddler days that made me want to strangle them because the days seemed to drag on at times. But it is true, it goes by faster than I thought it would. But you are doing a wonderful thing by being home with them. You are amazing! Call me if you ever need someone to talk to. Love ya!
stick it out at church---my aunt refused to take her kids to church til they were old enough to sit still---guess what the end of that story is! it is hard---but its good for you to get out and see other people in the hall with their kids--- :)wish we were in the same ward---we would totally be holding kids!
Post a Comment