Thursday, August 14, 2008

Look who's been married 3 years!

Yesterday Richard and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary. We've experienced so many fascinating things together. I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some of the things I love about Richard. They aren't in any particular order.
  • He keeps our home organized and spic and span (did I really just use spic and span?!)
  • He's willing to be silly with me - did I ever post about when we dressed up like cows to get free combo meals at Chick-fil-a? (He came up with the adorable felt ears.) Seriously one of the most fun dates! There just aren't many people who'd be willing to do that with me. I felt all giddy and delighted like when we were engaged. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling.

  • He's the handiest man I ever did meet. Even my dad calls him for advice on fixing stuff.
  • He's passionate about things that he's interested in.
  • He's been through so many challenges and he doesn't let them get him down. He has overcome tremendous obstacles and isn't too proud to ask for help.
  • He's sooooo cute with our dog. He just loves her up.
  • He's intelligent and retains knowledge like crazy!
  • He has a strong testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • He wants to be a righteous, strong priesthood holder.
  • He supports me in my callings.
  • He wants me to have EVERYTHING I ever want. If I even mention that I'm interested in something, he'll find a way to get it for me. It is incredibly sweet.
  • He's loves me to pieces.
  • He's my best friend and I have NO doubt that I'm his best friend.


This photo isn't especially flattering of either of us - but we look genuinely happy so I wanted to share.

3 comments:

Meteor magnets said...

Wow! 3 yrs already! Time sure does fly when your having F-U-N! Congrats guys! Susan you surly deserve it!

The Spratt's said...

Aww congratulations guys!!!! The cow date looks like a blast :D Gotta love chick-fil-a.

I was called back in April (I think) to the sunbeams. It was definitely a challenge but good times.

JenkinsonKS said...

Has it already been 3 years??? I'm so glad I was able to come to your wedding and meet Richard. You guys are so perfect together! Love you tons, Susan! Congrats to you both!!