This week I went on a business trip and it was a great week of "firsts".
My first trip to Chicago (notice who was performing - my husband said he wouldn't have believed it was a recent photo except for the 2008 on the sign)
My first trip to Home Office (this car is actually inside the building in the "History of Allstate area")
My first taxi ride (super expensive but the cabbie was really nice. We talked the whole way to the hotel. He is a non-practicing Muslim who is part of an arranged marriage. He doesn't plan on doing that for his children. Very interesting.)
My first ride on the "blue line". (I thought this sign with instructions on how to hold on to your children was hilarious. I couldn't stop giggling.)
My first "famous Chicago stuffed pizza" (really yummy)
My first stay in the Wyndham Glenview Suites (here's the courtyard and me in the bathroom mirror)
My first business trip with Ron (who wouldn't let me take a picture of his face) These 2 buildings really intrigued me. The bottom half is parking and the top half appeared to be housing.
My first outdoor mall (I'm sure the parents were wondering why I was taking photos of their children, but they were just so adorable!)
I have a great trip. I felt like a contributor in our conference which is always a nice feeling. And I'm super duper glad to be home with my sweet husband and doggie.











4 comments:
It looks like it was a good time of firsts! I am glad I can blog stalk you now too!!!!
Wow! That looks like so much fun! I just love cities! How cool you got to do that!
I am so glad to discover your blog! The first time I went to visit Christopher in WI was via Chicago. I loved Chicago! I always try to take the bus tour my first time in a city, and Chicago has some awesome buildings. I just loved it.
Glad you're home safe and sound, and I'll check in on you more often now tha I know where to find you!
Sally
I went to all those places. Almost. I went there in 2000 for a pampered chef conference. I skipped most of it. To mush power to the seller stuff. But super fun with friends.
Post a Comment