Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oh what a night!

We closed on our house yesterday afternoon. Hip hip hooray! We had a great showing of elders quorum members to help us move. It was wonderful! I'm sooo grateful they were willing to come help us. (And there was only one minor mishap to remember them by...) BUT there will be a whole nother post about the house. This post is about last night.

Last night after we closed and when shopping at Lowe's for new locks, we had our date night - creating Richard's EQ Pinewood Derby car. It rocked! Here are some pics.



The finished project


The back view



Me almost passing out when he tried to cut his thumb off with a table saw.




Masterpiece and pieced together thumb.


The time we finished - yes that is AM!


Happy end to the story - Best in Show (and not even last place)!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, that is a super cool pinewood derby car. But I am so excited for you and your new house - congratulations!

Joni said...

Very nice! And this never seeing you thing is getting ridiculous! It has to stop! When do I get to come to the house warming? I miss you!

mommymoocow said...

Congratulations on the new house! Where is it?--maybe you can give me some clues since I'm sure you don't want to post the address. I scrolled down and saw the Halloween costumes--they were fabulous! Sometime soon we'll get together again. maybe Cinderella?

Loralee said...

Lee could not stop talking about that pinewood derby car!!!!!!!!! He said it was beyond fabulous and I really didn't understand until I saw these photos!!! So fun! Congrats on the house and the derby car! Both obviously took some measure of determination! :)

Unknown said...

love the car---and love that your EQ does derby races! congrats on the new house---give us clues to where it is---glad you are staying in our area!

R Ruiz said...

Isn't that against the rules?! We had to make a crappy car out of the little chunk of wood in a box! Are you kidding me? That is the coolest pinewood derby car ever!

Rene´