That's right I'm blogging because Richard is at Priesthood session and I'm anxiously awaiting a call about whether or not I've been cast. I'm not even guaranteed a call today. I'm just really really really hoping that I get one today.
So my callback? Was. Awesome! I got there at 11:15 or so and we watched the "Leo" girls perform their ballet-like number. There were 5 or 6 and some were quite good. After they finished we did a big group number where they wanted to see if we could dance and sing simultaneously. Of course it was the song with the highest notes that "Amnesia" has to hit. We were supposed to dance like our character and since I think Amnesia is overly enthusiatic I danced overly enthusiastic. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd time that they got that I was "acting". I can actually dance pretty darn well.
So after that the "Huberts" sing. (That wasn't me. But a woman named Peaches was AMAZING!!) Then the "Amnesias" sing. I was excited to be prepared to sing one of Amnesias two solos. And can I just tell you, the song ends talking about saying a thank you prayer about being a nun and I got so into it that I totally teared up and almost started crying. What a dork! But I felt really good about the song. I really thought I was amoung the top auditioners. I never would have guessed that in a million years. I just don't have that kind of confidence in my singing. But I guess it's pretty good cuz I felt like a million bucks when I was done.
Okay so then they asked me to stay and sing "Robert Anne"s song. I was sooo unprepared. I wasn't expecting that at all. Honestly, I thought I was a shoo-in (is that even how you spell shoo-in?) for Amnesia and didn't think they would consider me for Robert Anne. Then they had us read a paragraph in a NY accent. The other 2 ladies had PLAYED THE ROLE BEFORE and I spent my week focusing on Amnesia. Sheesh.
The first time I saw the show Robert Anne was my favorite character and I wanted to be her but then my friend was all "You'd be a great Amnesia and they already have a bunch of people slotted for Robert Anne" so I kinda changed my focus and fell in love with Amneisa. After today, I really have no idea what they will decide. I said I would accept any role. (At this point let me just tell you I would be ridiculously excited for any role. )
So here I sit and wait and try to not got crazy. Will I even get a part?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment