As you could probably tell by the title, I didn't get the part in the play. So here I am, blogging to work through my disappointment a little bit. Man!!
The hardest part about it was the not knowing.
It was actually "given to me" during Conference that I wouldn't get the part because Heavenly Father needs me elsewhere. But I was kinda hoping He didn't really mean it. (I know - silly girl!)
The director called and was very kind about it. He said it came down to my conflicts (which was a concern for me all along so I wasn't surprised). He was very encouraging about auditioning again both for him and for the theater. I am really bummed.
I really want to cry and get it out of my system. (I told Richard I would only be sad for 2 days then I would be over it. I figure it'll take through tomorrow to let all my friends know that I didn't get the part.) Then I can re-focus on the great feelings I had whilst auditioning.
So there you go. And I'm starting to feel better about it already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get it... but aren't you going to Girls Camp this summer?? You're totally needed there! (Was that your conflict?) Those girls are so lucky to have you as their leader! Love you!
Bummer! I think I will need to fly down anyway. Maybe you can sneak me into camp...
What a bummer! You were so enjoyable in Music Man and I was really pumped to see you in Nunsense. However, I'm glad that you received some recognition from the director and that you are going where the Lord wants you to be.
their loss! maybe they should have CHANGED THE DATES OF THE SHOWS to make it better for us!
Post a Comment