My new sweet 2 week old nephew is out of the hospital and home with his family. There are some incredibly adorable photos of him on my brother's blog (Nkling in my sidebar) but I can't figure out how to do the snazzy hyperlink thing to take you there. (Sorry.) Bobby Ray is just cute as can be. I had someone comment on how they were impressed that I was able to love him up so much considering the fact that I want children and don't have them yet. I thought about it and in a way he IS mine. (I am the favorite aunt after all.) I then realized that I'm not really interested in other people's newborn babies, but somehow my nieces and nephews are different. What a blessing! The Lord must really love me.
On another kid related note we have my primary class. We had 2 delightful weeks of class IN A ROW!! I can hardly contain my excitement. I had like 5 crummy weeks in a row prior to the 2 delightful weeks. (And now looking back and thinking about the past 2 weeks - I think I might have been the problem and not the class.) I've discovered that games are the key to participative 11 year olds. Especially games where you get out of your chair. This year we are studying the Doctrine and Covenants and learning about Joseph Smith. Today we talked about Joseph's preparation to receive the gold plates. I told them that we had a cool game but we had to listen to the lesson in order to play. So they listened. We played a game where we put the chairs in a circle with one person standing in the middle. That person got to draw a question and ask anyone in the circle. If they knew the answer we all scrambled for a new seat. If they didn't know, they got the middle. (I was glad there was only 1 question that anyone needed any "help" on.) Class ended in smiles for everyone. I love being a primary teacher!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I bet you are the BEST primary teacher ever! I would love to be in your class with all the games and fun stuff! I agree about Bobby Ray. He is a cutie and I'm so glad that he his home now. You lucky Aunt - getting to live so near to your neices and nephews (well, some of them). Love ya!
I am glad you love Bobby Ray! you are the best aunt ever! i know ainsley loves you tons! and i am also glad you had a great 2 weeks in a row in church!
senior primary is for me. I love it. I would give away my calling so fast!
Enjoy it. and stay under the radar. as soon as they notice you like it the move you on.
Post a Comment