Thursday, August 16, 2007

On to serious matters...

Now that I have the So You Think You Can Dance post out of the way... I can move on to different things. We participated in the youth temple trip tonight. Only 7 of my young women were able to go. As we drove home I realized what a crummy example I am. Instead of being focused on the purpose of our trip, I sure was talking about High School Musical 2 in the dressing room. Wow that's pathetic. I just wonder what these girls think of their flaky leader. I've got to get myself put together so I can be the leader that they need me to be. It's so discouraging to recognize my weaknesses. Kinda makes me want to quit. sigh.

On a lighter note, my dear friend Joni and I are going to take a dance class together next month. That's right it'll be tap dancing. From what I hear, she's quite the dancer and I'll probably pale in comparison. But that's totally fine by me. I just feel sorry for the teacher. She'll never know what hit her.

1 comment:

Joni said...

As hard as it is to recognize our weaknesses, that is the only way we can improve ourselves. And I personally think you are a wonderful example to those young women. All girls should be so lucky as to have you. So, don't quit, just learn and move forward. Love ya! (Geez, didn't know I could be so mushy.)