Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I have an illness...

I have an illness. 

I told Brad that when I got home after my tests and he was like "What is it?  Is it something in your back?"

"No." 

"Does it have to do with that bag of High School Musical stuff you just got from the 99 cent store?"

Yes!  How pathetic is that?!  It's like I get so excited I just want to get everything (which I didn't by-the-way.)  Especially, when I get to thinking about my birthday party that is going to rock. 

But enough of that, on to my back... 

Cervical ridiculousa!

That's what Harry Potter would say to fix my back from what the chiropractor said is "cervical ridiculitis".  (Yes, that is pronounced just like "ridiculous" with "itis" at the end.)  This is like day 23-ish of my fingers being numb.  I decided that going chiropractic was not the way for me so I went to a place called Spine Team Texas.  They had me get tests done - MRI and EMG.  I've had plenty of MRIs.  I didn't like the machine they did it in though.  I was totally pressed up against the ceiling and it was a little suffocating.  I should have suggested they put one of those snazzy "periscope" mirrors on their machine.  You have no idea how close to the ceiling you are when you are looking out at the back of the tube. 

After the MRI, I went next door and had an EMG. That's where they put not-sharp needles in your arm and see what happens when they mess with your nerves.  I guess they can't be sharp needles because of the whole digging around in your arm thing.  She said my C6 and C7 nerves are showing the problems.  Which sounds like what the chiropractor and new doctor said about the space between my C6 and C7 being signifcantly smaller than it should be. 

I look forward to being able to "read" spine MRIs just like brains MRIs.  (Man, maybe someone is trying to give me the hint that I should be a neurologist!)

My follow-up appointment is next Monday.  I'm sure you'll hear about it again then.  :)

No comments: