Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sock Hop

I got the pics of the sock hop.  It was awesome!!!  I think the young women and their dads had a great time. 

 Here's our refreshment table with cheeseburgers, french fries and onion rings.

 Here's the cheeseburger tray made out of records and tumblers.  It looks pretty wonky from this angle (see first pic).

Here are our onion rings.  (On the left are french fries (some with ketchup))

I think this is pretty much the only picture of me from the night.  You can't really tell from this picture, but I totally look like Mrs. Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver.  I think we were learning the hand jive. 

 Seriously, how fun are these dads?!

 This is Sydney showing us how excited the young women were about their dads.  (Which by the way, Dad I know that I was so embarrassed by you when I was a teenage girl.  If only I had realized then that all teenage girls feel that way about their dads.  I would have been a much nicer teenager.  Now, I would LOVE it if you got dressed up and acted dorky with me!)

 I just love this picture.  Bro. Burgess was so fun during our game.  It was fun to see the girls with him.

This is how most of the young women looked as their dads tried to teach them how to dance.


Here's the whole gang (well minus the young women's leaders and bishopric wives).  We had 4 young women whose dads couldn't make it.  The 2 counselors in the bishopric were their sock hop dads.  They were pretty delightful especially Bro Green and the Souza girls.  They were so good natured and fun.  It was great to be a part of such a fun activity.  I'm so grateful for dads that love their daughters.

No comments: