Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One year anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of the brain surgery that changed my world.  Hooray me! 

I just got copies of my medical records from the first surgeon.  Very interesting.  I didn't read all of it but I especially liked this one (I added the bold formatting): 

"Susan White is seen now after visiting with Dr. Mickey who recommended a surgical approach.  They have heard conservative recommendations as well.
She is ready to proceed.  We talked about the procedure, the technical aspects of this, and the expected recovery.  She is aware of the risks including loss of speech, seizures and even death.  She is ready to proceed."

Hooray for Dr. Mickey!

Today one of my choir peeps at work told me, "I really like the new you.  Not that I didn't like the old you, but I especially like the new you."  I didn't realize that I changed all that much, but thank you.

No comments: