I woke up thinking about other things that I'm manically fixated on - new glasses and facebook (to a lesser degree).
Now when I say fixated I mean an unhealthy amount of attention goes to these - something to the effect of obsession. Let me give you an example - new glasses. (Granted I've not had the best luck this time around, but still...) On Tuesday I was so fixated on getting these new glasses that... Oh wait it started Monday night. Monday I call and am told they aren't in yet. A normal thinking person would be bummed and think maybe tomorrow. I started first being unreasonably angry (that's the rage thing I was telling you about) and then I got desperate and couldn't stop thinking about them (I'm going to go ahead and classify that one as anxiety or a "frenzied mind"). A couple hours later I call Target and leave a lengthy voicemail asking them to make phone calls for me to find them. (A reasonably thinking could do this but they would not do it in desperation.) I don't get a call back so Tuesday I call every 15-30 minutes for several hours until I get someone to tell me that aren't there but the list indicates they should be here by week's end (the rage ensues again because the anxiety never left no thank to you, Lorazepan! Curses!). The funny thing (I'm choosing to see the humor here) about it is that I can feel myself getting worked up as I type right now.
Maybe I should back it down a notch. They are glasses. It's not like I can't see or that life will change with new glasses. Ah the joys of mental illness. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love you!!1 You are wonderful and awesome and just super fantastic. I miss you and our late night talks (with the ever vigilant neighborhood watch keeping an eye on us :D!) I'm sorry you are having issues....let me know if there is anything I can do to help !!!
Post a Comment