I auditioned tonight. My friend Meredith auditioned with me. I'm sooo glad that she did. It was very reassuring to have her there. It would be sooo cool if we got to be in a cast together.
The auditions were primarily singing. I sang the song I "prepared'" - The Lullaby of Broadway. Then they found my range on the piano. Then they had me sing bits of songs for 3 different parts. I'm pretty sure that they won't consider me for the part that I thought I wanted. My vocal range isn't quite high enough. I did say on my form that I would accept any part.
Call backs are on Saturday. That's when they will have people read for particular parts. I think I have a decent shot of getting a call back. The unfortunate thing is that I may have to watch conference online after the fact. Not my favorite choice, but I am extremely grateful that I have the options to watch it later.
Regardless of whether or not I get a part, I felt good about my audition. It was a good experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, I am so excited for you!!! How fun to try out! I am sure you will get in!
Glad it went well. Let me know as soon as you find out if you are in, so I can start looking for plane tickets. Seriously!
Post a Comment