Sunday, March 15, 2009

The saga continues...

Can you believe it? I still don't have new glasses. After all that, the Sears lady calls and says "I have bad news and I want to see what you want to do about it." I want a refund - duh. So my sweet husband goes in and gets a refund and she said she'd see if she could get me a good deal on just the frames.

Yeah, whatever - so I went to Target Optical and spent a bit more money and ordered a pair of glasses, a pair of prescription sunglasses, and 2 boxes of contacts.

The new glasses are blue... teal.... turquoise... whatever. I'm not sure if Richard is as excited about them as the others. (And I'm sure that he's not as excited about them as I am about his.) At least he didn't SEEM as excited about them, but that very well could have had to do with being beat down by the whole experience.

I'm hoping to get them this week. If I do, I'll post some photos. If I don't, I'll take it as a sign that I'm not meant to get new glasses this year.

Oh yeah the Sears lady's great deal on the frames was selling them to me for $100 a whole $39 less than original price. Whoop. ee. Never going back there.

2 comments:

natalie said...

The phrase that comes to mind is "what a crock." I hope you get your glasses!!

Loralee said...

I have been completely emotionally drained over just reading about this saga! I can't believe Sears Optical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yet onward you go, stronger and better for it.