Sunday, February 15, 2009

Delirious with dress-up delight!

Here's a couple updated pics of the dress-up clothes. You probably can't tell but I've add several items (including Sherlock Holmes and Watson - see the hat on the shelf next to the basket?!)




Well, tonight was a dream come true! I had my friend and her 3 children over. Her daughter loves dressing up and pretending. We had a BLAST!! It was really everything I've ever hoped for my dress up clothes room to be. An amazing creative imaginative experience. Here are a few photos of her all dressed up.
Here's hula girl who totally performed a hula for me too! She told me she learned it from Lilo and Stitch.


Then we went for beautiful princess complete with silver shoes. Aren't you impressed with my use of hair clips to shorten the dress?
Next came the pixie (still in silver shoes)
The pixie wanted a pixie dog so Annie was lucky winner of this outfit. (She was actually REALLY good about it.)
Next we had a beautiful butterfly.
She wanted a butterfly dog so Annie was again the lucky winner of this outfit. (She didn't like this one as much.)


Finally we dressed up as Tinkerbell, Peter Pan (me) and Captain Hook (her mom). Once in costume we had a performance. I wish I had taken a photo of the 3 of us but I was too busy trying to defeat the evil Captain Hook.
Meanwhile, my friend's son is in the living room playing with our massive collection of Cars cars. He was also in a delirious state of delight.
Delicious, delightful, dream-come-true - I can only hope that someday motherhood will hold little precious pockets of joy like this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay i love annie. of course she is amazing and would wear a boa for you. how cute!!!!zinglnc

mandy said...

It sounds like a perfect day!

emilyw said...

You are so fun! I need to bring all my kiddos over to your house! We would have such a blast. Wish we lived closer...