Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Elementary my dear Watson!

I got to perform at our 2009 kick-off meeting at work today. I was Sherlock Holmes trying to uncover the key to the mystery of Accountability. I found out about it yesterday.

I got to wear a full-length WOOL overcoat inside a hot cafeteria for 4 hours today. That was the rough part. The performing part is totally my thing. I was excited to be called in last minute.

The girl who played Watson said something sweet to me. She said the understudy (meaning me) was better than the original actress. (Her husband had emergency surgery so she couldn't be there. Hence my finding out about it yesterday.)

One of the coolest parts was that I got to take home the costumes to add to my dress-up clothes wall. It's some really cool stuff like a Sherlock Holmes hat & overcoat, a giant magnifying glass, a ruffly blouse and a couple vests.

I love my job.

1 comment:

tylersgirl said...

sounds like fun. if I ever make it to texas I will bring you potter stuff.