Monday, February 2, 2009

YW camp here I come!

Well, I just got the phone call from the high counselor over YW camp. It's official.

I've been expecting the call. (Already scheduled the time off work and everything.) This year I'm going to be a level leader. In all my years at camp I haven't ever been a level leader. It will be a new fun experience.

Man, I do love YW camp. I hate being away from my sweet husband for a week. That part is crummy. But I do love YW camp.

Here's the one thing that will be interesting to see how it all turns out - camp is the last week of the Nunsense run. They might not cast me because of that very thing. That would be super disappointing but the Lord's work comes first. No doubt about that. It's kinda funny when Bro Connor called me with the assignment, I asked him questions and talked to him like I'd been expecting his call. He seemed surprised that I didn't hesitate, didn't say I needed to check my calendar, didn't say I'd call him back, etc. Based on his surprise, I'm guessing it's hard to get YW camp fully staffed. To that I say "I'll go where you want me to go." And thanks for wanting it to be YW camp.

4 comments:

tylersgirl said...

congrats! I love the attitude about going where you want me to serve.
It is not shared by many.
enjoy the calling.
you will be amazing. it makes me want to go to camp just thinking about it.

Unknown said...

jealous!! i want to be a yw camp leader!

Joni said...

So not fair! I know you won't have near as much fun this year since I will be absent, but try to enjoy it anyway. You do great at camp. Those are lucky girls. I am going to go cry a little now. Moving away sucks sometimes.

mandy said...

I'm so jealous! I loved Camp as a YW but haven't gotten to go as a leader. Hopefully someday!