Monday, February 2, 2009

A post about hair

Holy cow - 2 posts in one day! What is this world coming to?

I'm hair retarded. Always have been. It's okay - I have a LOT of strengths that aren't hair related. I've never really been able to figure out how to style it any way other that short and crazy. I do that one pretty well, but you have to keep getting it cut the same way blah blah blah. Then I think I'm going to try and grow it out but I get so sick of it that I chop it all off again.

I'm currently trying for a chin length bob. I've been doing pretty well at not going crazy and cutting it so far. (But I still have quite a way to go.) I dyed my hair "brown black" this weekend and it's a little darker but not as dark as I expected. I'm seriously considering going black. It'll just hair. It's grow out, right?

Here's the look that I'm aiming for right now. It's Liz Sherman from Hellboy 2. (Yes I have seen it and yes this means I've seen the first one as well.)



And one of Selma Blair not as Liz.



And here's what I'm more likely to achieve. Velma from Scooby Do.






What can I say? I'm hair retarded!

7 comments:

Joni said...

I like the second picture best.

mandy said...

I agree with Joni. Second picture, all the way. Just do it - hair grows back!

Meteor magnets said...

Susan, I just thought that you had wanted to be at the top of my post listings! LOL! You totally had me laughing out loud. That wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't 10:45pm & everyone in the house is asleep except me. Anywho. Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure you'll make it look cute no matter Whom you may end up looking like! :) ~Robin

Loralee said...

This is the funniest post I've read today. I loved it. We have all been there. You go to the hair dresser with a photo of Juliet Roberts and leave looking more like Ugly Betty. So funny. Hair is such an issue.

Don't worry, because you are prepared I'm positive you are definitely going to look more like Selma than Velma!!!

tylersgirl said...

i did the black hair thing.... I wish I hadn't. But my coloring was off. And it was so hard to get rid of. Holy cow! Just go darker brown. ANd the chin/bob look would look great.

emilyw said...

You'll have to post a pic when you get it done. I'm sure it will look great! Add your new hip retro glasses - you'll be stylin'!!!

Singleton Family said...

I agree Susan, the second pic is the way to go! You have the face for cute short hair.