Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A few short things

I'm tired so these will be short. And I still have photos to post of my cool black and pink glasses as well as this way amazing craft that I learned and have been making for all my friends and family that I just haven't downloaded to my computer.

1 - I pretty much haven't seen my little dog walking friends since I posted about them. I'm feeling a little insecure that the parents read my blog and decided they couldn't talk to me anymore. The dogs are sad. Just saying.

2 - Beauty Night for Young Womens tonight was GREAT! I didn't even mind teaching the serious class about proper hygiene and smelling good. Actually I know it was WAAAAAY better than if I did make up or hair.

2b - I really do love serving in Young Womens.

3 - On a related note, I hate deodorant. Actually I just hate finding new deodorant. And those companies really do mean satisfactoin guaranteed. If you hate it, they will totally send you a reimbursement check. And you probably knew this but didn't realize that you knew this - sweat doesn't stink. It's the bacteria that forms when sweat is in a hot humid place like the armpit. Sweat running down your face is usually odorless.

4 - My sister Melanie is NOT being paid enough. She should totally be a party planner. She put on this Jungle themed ordeal at her daycare and it was AWESOME! I was very impressed.

5 - I wish I knew how to attach video to my blog. I would totally attach the black light white glove song that we recorded for choir at work. It's an unprofessional masterpiece.

6 - I collected 2,724 pennies, 46 nickels, 66 dimes and 29 quarters for my sister/nephews penny drive for March of Dimes. That's $43.39. I think I'm pretty much the coolest sister/aunt ever.

7 - I just watched a video of my niece's dance recital. She's like 4 or 5. Wow I can't remember. Anywho, it was adorable. We are sooooo going to be dancing buds the next time she comes to TX. I soooooo just got a new leo and skirt for my dress up clothes room that just might fit her. (I wonder if I still fit into my leo and skirt - that was only a couple years ago.) I need to take another dance class.

8 - One of my primary boys from 2 years ago remembered my birthday. He associated it with Mother's Day and brought me a lovely gift to church on Sunday. Seriously made me want to cry. I love that kid. He's the sweetest 9 year old that I've ever met. Good thing he's 9, otherwise Richard would have a run for his money. (Just kidding honey!)

Finally leaving my most important all encompassing subject for last... my husband wants to buy a 1988 military Humvee. It's been decomissioned (which means it doesn't run and needs a little tender loving care). It cost $15,000. Keep in mind that restoring cars is something he absolutely loves. Also keep in mind that we are also trying to get out of debt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

5 comments:

Susan said...

My short post turned out to be not very short, eh?!

Anonymous said...

Man, that was a lot of stuff. BTW humvees are awesome.

Elizabeth said...

Susan it is not hard to attach a video to your blog. When you are posting your entry there is a little piece of film next the picture button. When you attach a video, it is the same as a picture EXCEPT you have to wait for approval. This means that someone from blogger has to view and then approve your movie. It takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours. Then you can post your blog. And in my personal opinion it is not worth making a car payment on a car that doesn't go.

Unknown said...

NO HUMVEE!!! A waste of money!!! he will get tired of the project and then want to sell it just like the others dont do it!! save the money and get out of debt!! sometimes us wives just have to put our foot down on some things. They might not be happy at first but in the long run they will once you are out of debt.

Unknown said...

so whats the update? humvee or no humvee? oh and was Anonymous really Richard?