Saturday, May 23, 2009

Super cute craft

You might have noticed that I finally transferred photos from my camera. Took me long enough! That's why there will be at least 3 posts today.

So I learned this super cute super easy craft at the Craft Hobby Group at work. (I'll have to show Loralee for her nofussfabulous.com website. As a side note, if anyone could teach me how to do hyperlinks in my posts, I would sooooooo appreciate it! Amy and Mandy both come to mind as great hyperlinkers.)

I don't think you can really tell from these pics but these are 4 x 6 plastic frames turned upside-down and laid flat. You cut out and slide in a piece of paper, attach a sticky note pad with double stick tape, embellish and add a pen. So cute, so fun for gifts. I've already made like 10 and I'm going to make like 15 more today to recognize my little choir at work. These are the ones I made for my sisters for Mother's Day. I'm not going to lie, I've gotten better since then. But the only one that I really don't like is the one I gave Jayne. (Sorry Jayne!!) So that means I will make her another one! I think it would be fun to have one for each phone in the house... assuming you have house phones. Otherwise I think it would be fun to have one in each room that you might need to jot down a note or reminder.



I'm pretty sure that Melanie got one of these two. I don't remember if she got pink or blue.


This one is Allison's. She likes Spongebob and I recently bought a stack of cool sparkly Spongebob stickers. Richard picked this one out as the best for this craft.


This one is Jayne's. I mostly just don't like the 3 stickers. I love the fairy paper because Jayne loves fairies. But at the time I didn't have many embellishments and I thought these went okay. (Really? What the heck is wrong with your eyes?! They don't match AT ALL!)

I actually made one for my mother too but I changed it up and didn't take a photo of the changed up one. (This was going to be her gift before I decided to get her the one from the last post.)

4 comments:

mandy said...

Way cute! Go crafty Susan!

Hyperlinks are way easy. Just highlight the word you want to be the link, click on the 5th button to the right of the font drop-down box {it looks like a little earth with a chain link on it} and then type or paste in the web address you want to link to. Easy enough?

Unknown said...

i still really really like mine!!!

Unknown said...

okay....i need to be tutored in these adorable sticky note things....that is adorable...really...call me or email me the whole part about the plastic frame...thats what i'm not getting.

Caroline said...

One word: Etsy! You should totally put these on there!