Those are the "alternate" names my 3 new friends gave me to call them. They are 10 years old. We met last week when we were walking the dogs. They wanted to meet the dogs, then they asked to help walk them home, then they asked if they could come back and help the next day, and the rest... is history.
I now have 3 dog walking helpers. (And I even decided to pay them because the dogs are getting more exercise than ever before. Besides that Rebecca asked if she could do anything for me for one dollar. I figured they were definitely worth one dollar a week!)
Yesterday they came inside after the walk. Having not ever been a mom before it didn't really occur to me that they needed permission before I let them come in. I had already met Rebecca's mom and dad. They are really neat people. They even have chickens in their backyard. I'm excited to have neighbor friends! Anywho, they came inside to help me take off the leashes. They walked down the hall and saw the dress up clothes room. They (much to my delight) were excited and wanted to try stuff on. I told them no but we could another day.
Later I was thinking about it and called my mother to see if it was creepy to have your 10 year old play at a grown-ups house in the neighborhood. She said yes if you don't meet them. I then realized that I needed to make sure they know who I am and have my phone number, address and blog address. (That way they can find photos of the dress up clothes room or be entertained by my goofiness and mostly decide that I'm not creepy.)
I am actually so grateful for these girls. It's so hard when you want to be a mom and you are not. Mother's Day was pretty hard for me this year. Unfortunately that will have to wait for another day for me to tell you about it. I really need to head to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice.
Post a Comment