Anyway, so I spent Mother's Day feeling sorry for myself instead of feeling grateful for my mother. (Sorry Mom!) So this is my post to tell her how much I appreciate her.
She really is amazing. I've been convinced for years that she hasn't been translated because we all need her so much. :o)
One of the things my mother passed along to me is an intense love of reading. She has no children or grandchildren with her and she still goes to the library and checks out children's books. How cool is that?! She is the one who got me hooked on Fancy Nancy. It's about a little girl who likes to be fancy and say fancy words. Her family is very plain (they don't even get sprinkles on their ice cream) but she wants to be fancy. Part of the appeal for me is the amazing vocabulary that she introduces to kids. Love love love!
So here is your present Mom. I probably am too cheap to ship it to you so you'll have to come back to Texas to get it. (That way we can spend time together too!) And yes, I did get myself one too - like mother, like daughter. Oh and Allison pointed out that these are DEFINITELY dalmation spots and NOT cow spots. (Yeah, yeah - they're both black and white.)

No comments:
Post a Comment