Well, I went to the neurosurgeon this morning. He's a cool dude. A cool old dude with spiky hair. He looked at the MRIs and showed us what he found. He's callilng it a brain tumor. He believes it's cancerous due to a bunch of stuff. The location makes it less than good to operate and get it all out. Bummer!
So this Wednesday we get to go in for a biopsy. I get to go way early and get to stay in the ICU Wednesday night. After the biopsy we will have a better idea of what we are facing and what we can do for it. He mentioned radiology and chemotherapy. If so, I totally get to shave my head. Whoopee!!! I know I'm a dork but if I get at least 1 cool thing from this - let it be a shaved head and some cool wigs!!
So I get another day and a half to wait. Sigh. But it's all good. No need to fear. The Lord knows whats going on!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I really think you need to give the tumor a name. Then give that name a face. Draw a picture of what you think the tumor would look like if it were a person. Then throw darts at it.
If anyone can come through this stronger and better, it's you Susan White!
I love you friend. Try to stay on the positive side. The Lord and the Holy Ghost are with you.
Totally about the wig thing! Try every color! Ebay is surprisingly cheap and cheap means more options. The bishop is a great husband watcher during surgery. OR elders quorum president. He needs a dude. Girls cry to much and that is stress that you don't need to be thinking about. You have friends all over. Everyone loves you and is praying for you.
I love your positivity towards this right now! I've always wanted to shave my head, but I would need a really good excuse too. LOL! Wigs! Yeah! I've always wanted to be a Full blown RED head, but too chicken too. :) I agree with your friend about women being all emotional and stuff. We cry over commericals and talks at church. Men need the less emotional to help them thru this stuff! Love ya Susan! I'll continue to pray that you will have the strength to make it thru this! ~Robin
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elliepotvin
Susan, check out this cute little girls blog like page. She is a friends little girl battling cancer. Her mom is very inspiring! Ellie just started her 4th Chemo round and there isn't a good chance it will help. But this little girl keeps on fighting. Just thought you might be inspired like I am every time I read what her sweet momma writes about Ellie & her battle. Love ya! ~Robin
Please please continue to update us through the blog!! Lee and I are checking all the time. You are in our prayers continually!
All our love,
LL
i will totally shave my head with you....you know i will.
Keep us posted. We're praying for you! And, as always, let us know if there's anything we can do for you or Richard.
Did you ever see Mrs Slocum from "are you being served?". She had some super cool wigs. Sorry about the bad news. I wish that you didn't have to go through any of this cancerous crap. We love you and are pulling for you.
Elizabeth and Adam
Susan, I don't know what to say except "that sucks"! I know it doesn't seem nice or helpful in anyway but it is what it is! You can do this Susan! You have the best support system behind you pushing you along every step of the way! Keep your spirits up! :) Love ya cousin! -Coleen
P.S. we are totally praying for you!
So, you don't know me. My pal sent me your way, and I thought I'd say hi.
I kinda feel for you. I found out I had a brain tumor in Nov. of 07. Different circumstance, but a brain mass is a brain mass and it's well, no fun.
Hit me up if you need to chat or anything. I would be glad to help however I can.
You are hardcore. I love your blog too, ps.
Anytime. I know that our situations are different, but you've got a cheerleader here in Utah.
Post a Comment