YAY!! We went to the dr today and I'm pretty sure we are going to remove this thing next week. We are getting more CT scans tomorrow then Monday we go to the see another neurosurgeon who is going to help our neurosurgeon figure out the best way to get rid of it. Then Tuesday we meet with our neurosurgeon again then (I hope) that means we will do it on Wednesday.
The reason our dr wants to get another dr's opinion is because this growth that actually appears to be ping pong ball size as opposed to golf ball size is located in the speech center. He's trying to decide if he should do something where he has me talk during surgery or do something with stimulators or something else to make sure that my talking still works after the surgery.
I am really grateful that he wants to make sure that he does the best thing for my brain. When we talked today I let him know that I am 100% certain that I will be 100% healed that I have 100% faith that he will be able to do it without any problems. In fact, I think he will be guided and this will be one of the easiest surgeries he has ever done.
The next few days are going to be hard to be patient. I already feel really alone. I know I shouldn't but I do. I feel like everybody already forgot about me. (Which is dumb because people have asked to come see me and I've told them no.) I feel like another month of this going to be really hard. I'm going to have to start all over again with having friends. My whole life feels like it has changed. But I'm just feeling sorry for myself for a few minutes. I'll be good to go again in no time. In fact, I'm already trying to decide what fun thing I'm going to do for Valentines.
I'm just so grateful we are going get this thing out of my head. Maybe I can keep it. Okay the dr said that there are a lot of people who will want to study it. Maybe I'll just get a photo. That would be at least something, right?
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I'm glad they're taking it out, especially since that's what you've felt so good about. And it's okay to feel sorry for yourself, but don't think we've forgotten about you! We still pray for you every day. Let us all know when you're ready for visitors again.
WOO HOO for the removal! Does that mean you get to shave your head like you wanted? Know that you are remembered and we all will be here to celebrate your recovery.
if you want me to bring you some ice cream and come visit, never hesitate to ask. SO glad that the path you wanted is working out and SO glad that you have peace with it. they should totally take a photo of it and name it something. the biologist in me is intrigued... :) hang in there and stay strong. your cheerleaders are never far away - we just don't want you to feel stalked. ha!
Yea, glad to hear things are working out for you. You are awesome and I am inspired by your faith.
Sounds like things should turn out alright. That is great news! Let me know when you are up for a visit. And just remember...You're not alone. Even though at times you're on your own. (Sing it with me!)
thanks joni---now i'm singing it!...
oh wait--this is about susan---GET OVER YOURSELF---GOSH---YOU ARE SO YESTERDAY'S NEWS.
love you...and glad you will be able to talk--i would miss your voice.
Count us as always being here for you. Still praying our guts out for you. Love, Derek and Kelly
I'm glad that you are able to follow your impressions and get this out of your brain. Still praying and thinking and checking on you.
I'm inspired by your faith and sorry for your challenge (including feeling alone). We will keep praying for you andyour doctor and fast for you guys on your big day. Thanks for keeping us posted!
I'm inspired by your faith and sorry for your challenge (including feeling alone). We will keep praying for you andyour doctor and fast for you guys on your big day. Thanks for keeping us posted!
I just want to give you a big hug Susan! Although I can't totally understand what you are going through, I do understand the alone part, kind of after the shocking news dies down, it seems that people have moved on while you're still going through it. Just know that even if I (and other people) don't comment all the time, we are waiting with baited breath to see how you are doing! It's such a struggle and there are times where it's easy to emote faith and positivity and other times when the faith is still there but you still struggle because it's such a difficult trial. You know that you are never ever alone. You have help from your loving Father in Heaven, Savior, angels, family and friends. We love you! You are amazing and you will get through this and all the good and hard days that go along with it!
Yahoo! I'm glad they're taking that sucker out. We'll be prayer hard for you. And please don't feel alone! You have SOOOOOO many people here praying for you and willing to do ANYTHING for you at a moment's notice. All we're waiting for is the go-ahead from you! We love ya!
Post a Comment