It's not cancer. They can't even call it a tumor.
They don't know what it is actually. It's a golf ball sized growth in my brain. No way of knowing how long it's been there or why.
Until yesterday, we believed that they would just take it out and be over it. But our primary neurosurgeon sent us to another neurosurgeon yesterday who suggests that we not do anything. He says to just monitor it. Every couple months. He says the location is dangerous to try to take out.
I feel very out of sorts about this. We have felt very at peace about having it removed. Now I don't feel at peace at all. We haven't been able to talk to our primary neurosurgeon since the other dude. I'm not sure how things will change when we talk to him. I know that I have at least one more week of official recovery so it will be interesting to see what happens this next week.
But I guess the main thing for everyone to know is that it's not cancer. At this point there will be no head shaving. Who knew?
I'm incredibly grateful for Heavenly Father's blessings and for all that he has done for us. Please continue to pray for me while we determine what to do.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
thats all great for you---whoop-te-doo.....yay clapclapclap---but what about me? what about my plans? how do I go on?
So happy it's not cancer! We'll keep praying for you and your docs.
What JOYOUS, wonderful news! I've been thinking of and praying for you. It will be interesting to hear what spiky-hair neurosurgeon says about the decision to leave it where it is.... hmmm... prayers will continue here for you. Love you my awesome cousin!
i hope that you will get some definitive answers soon and some peace to go along with it. like everyone - so happy that it's not cancer, but i can imagine that it's still super difficult to have so many uncertainties. continue to hang in there and stay strong, missy.
Thats great susan glad to hear its not cancer, we will continue to pray and hope for the best. I think your optimism is wonderful and goes a long way.
That is good news about the cancer. If they just monitor your growth, hopefully they can do something to control your headaches. We love you!
Let the miracles keep coming! We will continue to pray for you guys. I can't imagine how emotionally trying this all is. Rest up. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Love,
Kelly and Derek
wow---you have so many supportive friends---i'm starting to look bad---so, yeah---prayers going up for you....good thoughts for your continued healing....keep us informed---yeah---thats right---ya know---most of us--well, our brains stop growing at about 2 yrs old---you must be AMAZINGLY SMART by now!---wait---maybe that wasnt appropriate---darn it....rats....
Post a Comment