Thursday, May 20, 2010

Comparisons

Today was MRI day. I asked and it doesn't matter if your eyes are open or closed. Oh I also found out that the contrast dye they give you for MRIs make you taste or smell something metallic. The contrast dye for CT scans makes you feel like you have to pee. (I've had both.)

So here are some of the films. The first one shows me morphing from an alien (in the first few images) to a human (that looks just like me - go figure) then back to an alien. I think it's super cool looking.



The next one is from 4/1/10. On the 2nd line you can see the tumor and liquid sack (it's that really big potato lookin thing).



This one is from today. Check out the 2nd line. It was a slightly different angle (I think) but there's no potato shaped thing. I can see something. I don't know what that means. I don't know what Dr. Mickey will say but dang what a difference.



More about that tomorrow. While I'm making comparisons, I kinda got drawn into American Idol 9th Season. It's only the 2nd time that I've watched it. We are down to the final 2 - a boy named Lee and a girl named Crystal. Lee reminds me SOOO much of my brother Brad. Especially when he sings. He does this thing with his mouth where he has this half smile when he sings the high parts or the loud parts. I can't really explain it so I found some photos.





(I'm pretty sure this is staged but I couldn't find anything else.)


He kinda looks like Brad and his personality reminds me of Brad. He started out pretty shy/nervous to perform & he was so surprised by his homecoming. It seemed like a million people were there to support him.
I also think Brad is extremely talented. I would have put one of his songs on my blog but I couldn't figure out how to steal one from myspace. He only had 3 songs recorded on video and I couldn't figure out how to steal one of those from myspace, facebook or youtube. I've no patience to figure it out. He writes his own music and there's this one called "Carry On" that I love!! He's pretty talented at lyric-writing. Maybe he should audition for the next American Idol. I'd watch one that he was on for sure!



What a cool kid!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Holy cow - your tumor was enormous! Have I ever told you that I do fMRI for my research? We do anatomical MRIs (like what you have) as well as functional which means theya re scanned while doing a task of some kind to see what areas of the brain are most active. Anyway, I love looking at your brain. I am glad you don't have that monster mass in your head any more.