Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

My mom has done soooo much for us. I have come to a greater appreciation for who she is and what she does. I mean I have always appreciated all that she does for our family. But this time, it was different somehow. Maybe just where my head is at. I am so grateful and want to do everything I can to reciprocate. Mom thank you for all you've done for me forever.

Today I figured out where my love of dressing up comes from. I've got pictures starting when I was 3 or 4 of me being dressed up for Halloween and dressing up out of the dress-up clothes box. (She never dressed up for Halloween but we always were. She always helped us be creative.)

She came to my 10 year anniversary at work a couple years ago. I couldn't have been more proud that my mom was there and so many people wanted to meet her. The same has been true with now - so many people in my ward wanted to meet her, to know what kind of mom I have. The ones who have met her just go on and on about how neat she is.

So today (for the first time in my life) I'm so grateful that I'm not a mom. And as a result (of me not feeling sorry for myself - gosh I seem to have a problem with that lately) I can focus on my mom and how amazing she is!


Where it all began. (totally love my dad's powder blue suit)


Isn't this cute - just the two of them going to the beach.


At my 10 year anniversary at work.

No comments: