Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Headaches, anyone?

Yeah so still having headaches. Anybody know how long you are supposed to have headaches after brain surgery? (I should post that on facebook - just for the humor of it.) I'm wearing my contacts today. It definitely hurts less than when I have my glasses on but right around the scar it STILL HURTS!!! It's kinda funny, it hurts more when I laugh or when I make a face or an expression. What does that tell you? (Yeah, yeah I know, I know - I shouldn't laugh or make a face or an expression. I better stop hanging around with Richard.)

Which makes me realize just how much I love Richard. I don't know what it is about brain surgery but me coming out of it - holy cow!! I am so dang attracted to him - more than ever before. And I think he is soooooo funny. Hilarious! I thought he was funny before we got married and then after we got married something happened. And I figured it out. . . after 5 years I figured it out. Holy crap (to quote Strong Bad - which I can totally hear Richard saying in my head and it's making me laugh) Heavenly Father had to put me through 3 brain surgeries to finally get this! Good grief I'm slow! I've been labeling him with something that isn't him, it's something he had to deal with. I've gotten so frustrated with the obsessive eating & obsessive spending & obsessive obsessive-ness over any little thing. I've failed to realize that's not him. That's something he deals with. Now I'm not saying it's excused, I'm saying it's understandable. I have a sibling who throws pyscho fits because they're biopolar & another who does drugs to deal with their bipolar. It's not them, it's the illness. It's NOT okay, but it helps you understand where they are coming from.

OCD is not just hard on me. It is so much harder on him. Obsessive isn't just a descriptive word - it's a place where your mind goes and gets stuck. So now, I just have to figure out how to deal with it the right way. I guess it'll take some pondering and prayer.

1 comment:

Loralee said...

Hi Susan,
I wanted you to know that this post touched me and I thought it was so beautiful. In very many ways, We are so much more than our bodies. All our love (as always) to you and Richard. Thank you for keeping us updated through your blog. Our prayers are with you always.