Friday, May 21, 2010

Dr. Mickey

We saw Dr. Mickey this morning. And I'm going back to work on Monday!

Looking at both MRIs, he said there is still a considerable amount left of the tumor. (In the post before that big potato looking thing was the liquid sack around the actual tumor.) He also said if it stayed like that for the rest of my life he wouldn't have a problem with it. His big concern is a liquid sack starting back up again. He's considering radiation but apparently that doesn't necessarily prevent that. (so why do it?) So I'm going to see an radiation onconlogist (maybe, I can't really remember) to confirm his thoughts. Either way, he doesn't want us to do anything for 2 months. And that means starting work (half days at first) again NEXT WEEK!

I've totally got butterflies in my stomach. I haven't been to work in 5 months. Do I remember anything? They are actually putting me in a different position which is welcome. At least it will be new stuff so they'll have to train me anyway.

The headaches are probably from the actual surgery site and should be gone within the next 4 weeks. And I was given a limit on how much ibuprofen I'm allowed to take. Basically he said I'm gonna have to deal with the pain a little more. He and Richard don't want my kidneys to shut down. Go figure.

Oh I forgot to mention that yesterday when I went for the MRI the nurse asked when my procedure was done. I told her 4/19. She incredulously asked "THIS YEAR?" Apparently people don't look this good four and a half weeks after surgery. Hallejuah Dr. Mickey!!

No comments: