Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nuptials

I went to see a play at Artisan Center Theater last night. It's called Nuptials (and it ends this Saturday). It was actually laugh out loud funny to me. That's the first play in a long time where I was actually involved to the point of laughing out loud.

I saw Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday night cast. I know Pam Rea, Amy Jones, Lori Jones, and Catherine Probasco. They were all in Music Man (Catherine was my daughter even.) All 4 were delightful! Actually the entire cast was delightful! Totally makes me want to be in another play. They are doing Annie later this year. Wouldn't it rock if I was Ms. Hannigan? (I was pretty awesome as Ms Hannigan in the 8th grade.) But then I have to think about how it effects the rest of my life. I get pretty caught up in the production. My sweet husband was really good about it last time but I know it was hard for him.

Disclaimer - I was actually surprised. For our family friendly theater this play had some drinking, a reference to a bachelor party, and some inappropriate comments made by one of the buddies. I know, I know sometimes things sorta get passed by but after all this is our familiy friendly theater. That's the only reason why I would even question something like that in a play. They have presented such high standards that you just don't expect that.

That being said, I really thought the acting was great and it was a very very funny show! I was so glad to get out and go do something only 2 weeks after surgery. It was a very cool feeling.

No comments: