Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Walking & MRI

I couldn't figure out why I was gaining so much weight. I'm eating normally, not like last time where everyday I had a little "extra" something. All of a sudden I remembered that I don't do anything physical. Gee, could that possibly be it? You mean from the couch to the kitchen to the bedroom isn't doing anything?!

Yesterday I felt good enough to exercise. My friend and I used to go walking 2 miles at the rec center. I asked her to meet me there. 25 laps equals 2 miles. I thought I'd have to stop at 10 laps, but I made it around all 25! I'm so proud.

My MRI is on Thursday then the appt with the surgeon is on Friday. (It's one of those things where you get on the bench and they put you in the tube. I'm not claustrophobic at all.) MRI's usually take 45 minutes. I've never asked if you can keep your eyes open or not. I don't. It's easier to be comfortable and not move with your eyes closed. How funny that I can say usually. I've even had a couple of these when I was out of it. Usually they put earplugs in your ears, but at this place they ask you for your favorite radio station and give you headphones. I wonder if they plug your ears when you are already under.

MRI's are different than CT scans, I can't really say why except CT scans are way shorter and MRI's have really neat ways you can use them during surgery. I have a bunch of films of both out in the car. (I should probably bring those in.) I need to request a disk with the scans from the current doctor. He didn't like to work from the physical films, he preferred the computer images. The neat thing is that whatever computer you put them on, the disk works. You don't have to have a special program. I really hope I remember to request that. I'll probably be too nervous. I'd ask Richard to remind me but he'll be even more nervous.

2 comments:

JenkinsonKS said...

My family is doing a weight-loss challenge together and Dad says he's not going to exercise anymore because he gained a pound last week... Doesn't want to acknowledge all that junk food he ate. haha! Hope the MRI goes well for you. Love and hugs!!

Meteor magnets said...

The difference for any one that cares is: CT scans are more grainy. They are bigger chunks of views. As for the MRI scan it is smaller views of what ever they are looking at. Thus the reason for it taking so dang long. CT's are shorter, because it takes pictures in bigger section. Any who. MRI's are more thuro & CT's are prefered because they are cheaper & less time consuming. Love ya & praying that things go well!